Translate

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review: [Anastasia Beverly Hills] Dipbrow Pomade in #Auburn




So today I will review a product that I've seen so many good reviews about: Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. I believe this is a new product that has just been on the market since the beginning of this year. Here's some info:

- Description: Waterproof brow color ideal for sculpting, defining, and carving perfectly precise brows that won’t fade. Smudge-free, creamy formula glides on skin and adheres to hair. Must-have for oily skin and humid climates. Tighten cap to prevent drying.
- Pro tip: Smooth application, waterproof, smudge-proof, can be used as brow definer and as eye liner.
Colors available (left to right and top to bottom): Ebony, Blonde, Auburn, Dark Brown, Chocolate.
Price: $18/ 0.14 oz (each).
Where to buy: anastasia.net, Sephora, Ulta, Nordstrom, Macy's, Beautylish. 

I was using the ELF brow kit which has OK quality until I realized I tended to rub my face and had sweat around my brows turning them to a mess, lol. So I decided I NEED this waterproof brow color. I bought mine at Nordstrom 'cause it has free shipping without a minimum spending. I got the shade Auburn which also the color I usually dye my hair. FYI, Ebony is the darkest and works the best for black hair; Blonde is the lightest and of course used for blonde hair; the other three are for brown and red hair. I think Dark Brown is the most popular one.

Both the box and the jar look fancy and have high quality. The jar is larger than the normal size of a gel eyeliner, as you can see below when I compare with the Maybelline and 3 Concept Eyes gel eyeliners.

*** Rating (out of 5)


Color:            
It is very pigmented! The color is not a scary red like in pictures I found online before purchasing, so it is such a relief because it looks natural on me!

Texture:         
The texture is creamy and super easy to work with, feels just like a gel eyeliner. It's also not as oily as the ELF brow kit.

Application:    
I use it with the EcoTools angle brush to both define and fill in my brows. I like how it takes a little time to set: when I first apply I still can erase it with my finger anytime I make a mistake, but when it sets it's extremely hard to erase! It does come off after I wash my face with a makeup-remover cleanser. However, because it is too creamy and pigmented, some people might find it hard to control the amount they need.  You might want to dip the brush just lightly to build up the definition you want for your brows or they will look unnatural.

Longevity:      
When I spend most of the day in the office and avoid rubbing my face, it does lasts 12 hours with minimal fading. If I will just be myself (rubbing my face during the day, lol), it lasts 5-6 hours before showing any fading. NO smudging at all! I don't know how long it will take for the product to completely disappear and I haven't checked when I'm outdoor and sweating.


I wouldn't say this is my HG (Holy Grail)  gel brow color but it's definitely my current favorite! I love it so much that I'm thinking about ordering another one in a darker brown shade (either Dark Brown or Chocolate) to use when my hair is in its natural color (black/very dark brown). Base on the performance and the fact that a little goes a long way, I think it's well worth the price!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice product, I prefer use eyebrow pencil or eyebrow tint but looks nice!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have brow pencil too! But I'm too lazy to sharpen it, hehe! BTW, I love that you blog about some new stores to buy Korean cosmetics, very helpful! Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for reading!
Have a question, advice, or thought you want to share? Feel free to leave a comment!
Want more reviews, makeup tutorials and tips? Join my blog with GFC, Bloglovin', Google+, Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...